Follow these instructions to quickly learn your way around Brivvio
The first time you launch Brivvio you will see the Brivvio camera preview with a red record button at the bottom.
1. Record a short video
- Tap the camera flip button in the bottom right corner to choose between the front or rear facing cameras.
- Tap the red circular record button to start recording.
- Tap the red square stop button when you've recorded 10 seconds or more.
- You need a video of at least 10 seconds to see the branding applied.
Tip: You can record in either portrait or landscape. Brivvio automatically adjusts to whichever way you choose to record. You won't have to resize anything.
You can change the aspect ratio by tapping the ratio button (by default says 16:9) above the camera flip button in the bottom right.
You can also import a video by tapping the 'folder' button at the bottom left of the camera view.
2. Playback your video
- Your video will start playing back immediately.
- If this is the first time you've used Brivvio, you'll see default branding automatically applied (black and white with a default logo and text)
- Tap the screen to toggle the playback controls on and off as you need.
- Scrub the time-slider back and forth and use the play/pause button in the timeline to review your branded video.
Tip: Your video is already ready to share or export, but first you'll want to personalise your branding.
3. Personalise your branding
Tap the settings button in the top right corner to open the settings. The settings button is represented as three horizontal sliders.
Any changes you make in these settings will instantly be applied to your video (unless you press cancel).
- Scroll up and down the settings to familiarise yourself with them.
- Notice that there are several sections. We'll go through them one at a time in the next few steps.
Tip: Brivvio remembers your settings, and automatically applies them to the next videos you make, so you only have to set this up once. We call these settings your 'Preset'. You can always change the settings for each new video.
Let's look at these settings in more detail...
The settings are divided into sections:
- VIDEO TITLE
- CALL TO ACTION
- BRAND SETTINGS
The Video Title is a 3 second animated intro to your video. It includes your logo, brand colours and two lines of text (title and subtitle). You can use it to tell your audience what your video is about.
In the Video Title Settings, you can:
- Toggle the entire Video Title Sequence on/off.
- Edit the text of your Video Title and Video Subtitle.
- (The Video Subtitle goes under the Video Title and is slightly smaller in size).
The Banner is an animated bar that slides out over the first 8 seconds of your video in the lower third area. You can use it to tell your audience who is speaking.
In this Banner Settings, you can:
- Toggle the entire Banner Sequence on/off.
- Edit the text of your Banner.
- Change the style of the Banner from sharp to rounded.
- (The Presenter Name goes above the Presenter Title and is slightly larger in size).
Tip: You can use the text fields for anything you like - not just name and title.
CALL TO ACTION
The Call To Action is a 3 second animated closer to your video. It includes your logo, colours and two lines of text (Call To Action and Website URL). You can use it to tell your audience what to do next, or where to find more information.
In this Call To Action Settings, you can:
- Toggle the entire Call To Action Sequence on/off.
- Edit the text of your Call To Action and Website URL.
- (The Website URL goes under the Call To Action and is slightly smaller size).
Tip: You don't have to include a Website URL - it could be a Phone Number or something else.
The Brand Settings change how all of the other sections appear. They are global settings for your preset.
In this Brand Settings, you can:
- Edit the Background Colour
- Edit the Text Colour
- Select a Logo file from your photo library or from files (including from cloud file systems like Dropbox or Google Drive)
Tip: In most cases, once you have set up your Brand Settings, you won't need to change them from one video to the next.
The watermark is a semi-transparent logo that appears at the top right of your video. By default, the watermark is set to the Brivvio Logo.
Brivvio personal and Brivvio Business accounts have the option to either hide the watermark or replace the Brivvio logo with their own custom watermark.
The headline is a piece of text that appears at the top of your video and is visible for the entire video.
The headline will have the same text and background colour that you select in Brand Settings and can be toggled off and on.
Tip: If you’re posting your video on a platform that autoplays videos (such as a Facebook feed) the headline is an eye-catching feature that will attract attention. Keep the headline short, sharp and unique to grab the attention of scrolling viewers.
Each time you tap Done in the Settings View, you'll see the changes instantly applied to your video. When you're happy with how it looks, you're ready to share or export your video.
3. Share or export your video
Sharing and exporting is easy in Brivvio. While reviewing a video that you've just recorded or selected, just tap the share button in the top right corner. The share button looks like a box with an arrow pointing up out of the box.
When you tap this button, your video will be processed and prepared for posting/export. Don't worry, it won't be posted anywhere yet. You'll see a progress bar indicator and this step usually is quite quick.
When that's finished processing, an iOS Share Sheet will appear in the bottom of the screen, letting you choose where and to whom to share with. Depending on what other apps you have installed on your phone, you'll see different options here.
You should see options for:
- Apple Airdrop
- Messages (SMS)
- Other platforms such as Facebook, Twitter & Instagram*
Scroll down (pull the Share Sheet up) to reveal more export options, including:
- Save Video (this saves it to your Phone Gallery)
- Save to Files (to any file system connected to your phone, or locally to your phone's files)
- Other places such as Dropbox*
Just tap the destination you want to share to and follow the instructions from there.
*The platforms or places that you see will depend on which other applications you have installed on your phone.
Tip: We recommend the first thing you do is to Save Video (to your Phone Gallery). This ensures you have a copy of your finished video on your phone as a backup.
Ok, that's enough to get you started, but there's much more to Brivvio. Have a play with some of the other buttons in Brivvio and see what they do. And have a read of the other articles here if you'd like to know more.